Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Painting has begun

So painting has gotten underway. The last few days, the kitchen and family room have been painted. Now, the kitchen is nice and bright yellow (minus the few touch-ups I have to do tonight) and the family room is green. I'll have to post some before & after pics in the coming days. My MIL and FIL helped a bunch, so we actually made some good progress for our first weekend.

My MIL and I spent quality time in the master bedroom half-bath all day Saturday and Sunday (10+ hours each day) working on stripping the ugly wallpaper that was there. The worst part was that there were 2-3 layers of paper on each wall and the ceiling, and each had to be done individually. And to make matters worse, it was the same paper in each layer, pieced in to match the pattern underneath, so there was nothing fun to even look at! We ended up renting a steamer because after 2 1/2 hours with the paper tiger and a bottle of fabric softener Saturday, we only managed to uncover about 1 square foot. I still have to battle the area behind the toilet where the paper layers alternate with thin layers of plaster- I think a good sanding should do the trick.

No comments: